Re: [Pnet-developers] Nemerle 0.1.3 released

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Nemerle 0.1.3 released
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 23:32:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> AFAIK this release doesn't yet work with pnetlib,
> but Gopal works on S.R.E. improvements to make it
> work (as he said this much nicer tester

Well, what do you know ... Hello World does compile &
run on my "hacked up" ilrun :)

The problem was due to version conflicts in mscorlib.
ie [mscorlib , 1.2.xxxx.x] System.String != [mscorlib,
1.0.xxxx.x] System.String .

Eventhough there is no 1.2 and 1.0 dlls seperately for
pnet, the GAC loads mscorlib twice and we end up in
a huge mess coz 1.0 System.Xml loads up 1.2
mscorlib.dll ..etc...

I'm going to try and fix up the engine to solve this,
before moving onto S.R.E .. Right now in my copy it's
strcmp for namespace & name instead of direct
comparison ..
need to fix that to be a proper fix ..

Slowly it's going to work :)

Gopal