Re: [Pnet-developers] Destructors are not being called - bug or usage er

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Destructors are not being called - bug or usage error?
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 08:15:11 +1000

On Friday 14 May 2004 11:56 pm, David Logan wrote:

> At program termination, neither Form1.Dispose(bool)  nor ~GlobalSettings
> is getting called. I was counting on it to make sure that GlobalSettings
> was written to a file. I suppose I will try instead to move the settings
> save to a Closing() event in Form1.

The Form.Closed event is where cleanup operations like this will normally be
placed.  You can also trap Application.ApplicationExit, or put the code just
after your main call to "Application.Run".

While the engine should make the best effort to call all finalizers prior to
exit, the standard makes no guarantee.  If you need something to happen on
exit, then you must arrange for it to be called explicitly.

Cheers,

Rhys.