RE: [Pnet-developers] Destructors are not being called - bug or usage er

From: Thong (Tum) Nguyen
Subject: RE: [Pnet-developers] Destructors are not being called - bug or usage error?
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 05:02:17 +1200

Hi :)

It's fixed and in the CVS.

It's a tricky issue.  The CVM stack can still hold values and has to be
freed or cleared before calling finding finalizable objects.  On single
threaded systems, the CVM stack can't be cleared because it is shared by the
finalizer thread.  On those systems, I zero the CVM stack and framestack.

It should be noted that because we're using a conservative GC, not all
finalizable objects will necessarily be finalized and the specs don't
require them all be finalized either.

All the best,

^Tum