Re: [Pnet-developers] [bug #4734] extern fields broken in cscc-c

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] [bug #4734] extern fields broken in cscc-c
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:45:13 +1000

On Thursday 14 August 2003 07:23 am, address@hidden wrote:

> Original Submission:  I'm trying to get cscc to compile glibc's iconv, but

You shouldn't use glibc's iconv for charset handling - instead, make a new
iconv that calls through to the C# library's System.Text.Encoding class (and
ultimately I18N).  The last thing we want is two locale systems in pnet.  But
anyway, that isn't the bug ...

> I've hit a bug in the handling of extern. include/locale.h declares some
> data fields as extern, and they are later defined in a .c file. I'm getting
> errors like "`extern' is not applicable to the declaration of
> `__current_locale_name'" for "extern const char *__current_locale_name (int
> category);".

Do you have a test case that includes an extern field definition?  This is a
function definition, which compiles fine here.

Cheers,

Rhys.