Re: [DotGNU]Praise and introduction. I'd like to join

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Praise and introduction. I'd like to join
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 07:14:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> I have been a software enthusiast for some 20 years

Hmm... that's almost longer that I have been walking
;-)

> Id like to join.

Welcome to dotgnu . There is no such thing
called "joining dotgnu" ... usually it just happens
one day when everyone around irc knows you by nick :)
(and are familiar with your name in the ChangeLog)

> My favorites would be JIT or runtime stuff but mabey
> it's more important what is needed to sustain
> progess..

There are quite a few things going on in Pnet right
now ... libjit is one of the latest peices ..
But I'd advise you start fixing bugs as you find them
and slowly get up on speed .. before jumping on newer
features .

Checkout pnet , build, fix bug , submit patch , get
them reviewed (by a guy who's half as old as you ;),
and commit access soon follows good patches.

Anyway, I'm on IRC for most of my day ... if you need
help.

Gopal