[DotGNU]Feature freeze for Portable.NET

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]Feature freeze for Portable.NET
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:11:43 +1000

Hi all,

A feature freeze for Portable.NET is now in effect, leading up to DotGNU 0.1,
which should be "any day now".

During feature freeze, bugs in existing code will be fixed if they are either
easy to do, or there is no way for a programmer to work around them.
Anything that may impact stability will be deferred until after DotGNU 0.1.

The decision as to whether a bug should be deferred or fixed immediately will
rest with me.  If you wish to appeal a decision, then the appeal should be in
one of two forms: either you fix it yourself and submit a patch, or convince
Norbert Bellow to ask me to take another look at it.

Package maintainers and owners of non-GNU/Linux platforms should start testing
daily from now on, to be sure that nothing is broken prior to the drop dead
date.  This date will be decided at tomorrow's DotGNU meeting.