Re: [DotGNU]Visual Basic front end for cscc

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Visual Basic front end for cscc
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 16:56:20 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> I've just checked in the beginnings of my Visual Basic.NET front end for the
> Portable.NET compiler into pnet CVS and the supporting standard library into
> pnetlib CVS.  (And hopefully Gopal's Java front end will be checked in this
> weekend some time).

I still haven't got that (C) disinterest signed by the college , but my
guide has approved of the intention of GPL'ing it ...

My exams finish on Monday and I promise to get the papers signed by tuesday
itself ..  I have cleaned out the joint copyright peices .. and rewritten
them from scratch .. So do I make it to the commit (pun intended) and shout
"JAVA !" ?

(I'll put out a 0.0.2 tarball before you wake up on saturday for inspection)

> This means that it currently implements "C# with VB keywords", but that will
> change very quickly as the VB-specific semantic analysis routines are added.

Hmm... my Java is "C# with Java keywords" , but that seems to work very
well ;-)

I have been taking a good look at IKVM and realized that we can also do
it very similarly...

> Compile with "cscc -o hello hello.vb" and run with "ilrun hello".

I do have some spectacular (thanks to address@hidden) test apps with
Basic 1.0 syntax ... Hopefully those should run here , at least in
modified form :-)

Gopal