Re: [DotGNU]Portable .NET and ARM

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Portable .NET and ARM
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 09:04:59 +1000

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 10:05 pm, imateos wrote:

> I have no idea why sometimes the configure script fails in checking the
> size of the types, and the /include/il_config.h file assigns them all to
> 0.

I have modified the pnet/configure.in file in CVS to include a better sizeof
check that will hopefully fix this problem in the future.

> Anyway, if I accomplish to cross-compilate, when trying to run on the
> ARM processor it says me that the executable format is not correct, in
> fact it's x86 format!! How this could happen if I've passed the correct
> target and host parameters??

I don't use a cross-compiler, so I'm afraid that you are usually on your own
with debugging these kinds of problems.  I'm not seeing the problems that you
are, when compiling directly on a local ARM machine - everything (engine,
compiler, etc) works fine.  Can anyone else help imateos who has successfully
done ARM cross-compilation before?