[DotGNU]Portable .NET and ARM

From: imateos
Subject: [DotGNU]Portable .NET and ARM
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 14:05:53 +0200

Hi all,

I've downloaded the pnet CVS version, to analize the ARM unroller, but I'm having problems cross-compilating that I didn't have with the 0.5.6 version. These are the steps I've done:

1) redirect CC to the cross-compiler (gcc 3.2)
2) ./configure --target=arm-linux --host=arm-linux --build=i686-linux --prefix=/home/imateos/migracio2
3) make
4) make install

I have no idea why sometimes the configure script fails in checking the size of the types, and the /include/il_config.h file assigns them all to 0. Also, in the "ffi.h" file, there is a redefinition of some symbols. It seems as if when doing the "configure" it doesn't understand that I'm cross-compiling. Anyway, if I accomplish to cross-compilate, when trying to run on the ARM processor it says me that the executable format is not correct, in fact it's x86 format!! How this could happen if I've passed the correct target and host parameters??

On the other hand, with the partial-working version that I've donwloaded to the ARM board (pnet 0.5.6 with libffi) it still persists the problems when trying to compile a C# program. That's the output I obtain:

# cscc hello.cs -o hello3.exe

metadata error in token 0x00000001: bad GUID index hello.objtmp: invalid metadata in image
hello3.exe: no entry point specified

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Ignasi