Re: [DotGNU]Generic IL Examples

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Generic IL Examples
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 03:53:04 -0800 (PST)

--- Rhys Weatherley <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 February 2003 09:28 pm, James Michael DuPont wrote:
>
> > Silly Question, but i was just asking myself if ildasm will be able
> > disasm gyro generated code?
>
> Well, if it can't then that's a bug and we'll have to fix it. :-)
I have not used it, and I guess I will have to test that.

> > that would be a one way to test this,
> > making a testcase lib that uses gyro to generate objs that are
> ildasmed
> > by pnet or even compiling code from the gyro ildasm.
>
> If you want to take that on, then great.  I don't really have the
> ability to
> run Gyro here - look at the source, yes, but not run it.

I will look into it in then next weeks, (1-2 weeks)

I would also like to patch rotot ildasm to produce IL that is easier
for PNET to read (no forwards, data sections before they are used).

Also, It would be great to start doing coverage testing and making sure
we have a test case for each IL operation. That will be much easier for
IL than C#!!

I guess it is time to bite bullet and install this beast.
mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/