Re: [DotGNU]Re: [DOTNET-ROTOR] Modification on Fjit - help

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: [DOTNET-ROTOR] Modification on Fjit - help
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:51:48 -0800 (PST)

--- Gopal V <address@hidden> wrote:
> If memory serves me right, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> > I think they might be able to help you.
> > Maybe you can do your project with pnet and not rotor?
>
> I think I can be of help ....
>
> > > a call in native code to a method written in C++ so every time
> the
> > > jitted method is executed it performs a call to my method before
> > > doing the call that it is supposed to do but I don't know how to
> do
> > > it. I hope I have explained it well. If anyone can help me I
> would be
> > > very grateful. Thank you.
>
> Actually this is exactly what my Call Graph generator for pnet does.
> James McParlane has uploaded a copy of the trace of HelloWorld to
> http://set-top.net/~t3rmin4t0r/helloworld.jpeg.gz
>
> The patch I had sent to developers list was for inserting a C method
> to engine which hooks to the CALL_* opcodes to output a dynamic call
> graph & profile at the end. Take a look.

Thanks Gopal!
My chats with maiki resulted in that he has a school project that needs
Rotor.

I just want to make sure that we make the rotor users aware that pnet
exists, and that they make sure that thier contributions are not bound
to any "Scary" licenses, so they can also make contributions to a free
project.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont