[DotGNU]Fwd: [Maintainers]debian packages + apt

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: [DotGNU]Fwd: [Maintainers]debian packages + apt
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 08:30:42 +1000

I'm forwarding to the main developers list, as maintainers isn't heavily
populated.

Subject: [Maintainers]debian packages + apt
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 23:20:45 +0100
From: Asier Llano Palacios <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

I've tries to test the debian packages and since I've seen the content in
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/dotgnu-pnet
I've tested with the following lines in the /etc/apt/sources.list

# Portable.NET
deb ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/dotgnu-pnet/debian unstable main
deb-src ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/dotgnu-pnet/debian unstable main

But when I use an 'apt-get update' it does not work:

Failed to fetch
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/dotgnu-pnet/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/Pack
ages.gz Failed to fetch
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/dotgnu-pnet/debian/dists/unstable/main/source/Sources.g

The reason is because they are in:

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/dotgnu-pnet/debian/Packages.gz
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/dotgnu-pnet/debian/Sources.gz

So, could you explain me how to use apt-get with that repository?

<one_posible_tricky_solution>
One solution could be to place simbolic links in that directory:
ln -s . dists
ln -s . unstable
ln -s . main
ln -s .binary-i386