Re: [DotGNU]Message passing between webservices

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Message passing between webservices
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:57:52 +0000

On Thursday 16 January 2003 13:52, Gopal V wrote:

> Hmm... "Proxy" idea ?... In short Butler is what your first mail about the
> CallProxy said ... (I'll call it CallProxy to avoid any confusion) ...

Yeah butler was a process though, where as in .net the 'proxy' is just an
abstraction concept to hide the client from the SOAP creation.  In fact, if
you've seen SOAP::Lite then you'll notice that it's api hides the soap stuff
in much the same way as .net proxies.

> We're coming dangerously near Remoting if you ask me ... I need to figure
> out what and how remoting works .... (IIRC, Joe Hildebrand of jabber.net,
> had helped with a Jabber transport for remoting for MS.Net)..

They're kind of closely linked in .net, there is a border between them but
it's kind of grey and murky.
And I'm just beginning to get my head round it all.

Chris

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.