Re: [DotGNU]Meet-a-thon announce, cut #1

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Meet-a-thon announce, cut #1
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 09:29:57 +0530

If memory serves me right, Aditya P. Bansod wrote:
> Thinking about installers, is there a reason that we can't use the
> Nullsoft's NSIS? (Somebody might have already suggested it). It's open
> source (their license is very straightforward and non-threatening) and
> pretty nifty.
>
> http://www.nullsoft.com/free/nsis/

Relatively ugly scripting language ... if you ask me :-)

I've found it to be too cumbersome to try ... (yeah I tried it, but
didn't get anywhere ...) .. Hope you have more luck :)

Anyway Rhys'll be giving away .zip files which are what's actually needed,
we don't need ENV vars or registry keys or shortcuts or configuration files
to run ... Just unpack & run !...

Gopal