Re: [DotGNU]New to DotGNU

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]New to DotGNU
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 20:33:51 +0530

If memory serves me right, Raja  Agji wrote:
> unable to find a place for myself. Can some of the leaders spread
> light and enable me to start contributing positively. Probably, I
> have to start from scratch for which I am prepared to slog out the
> nights.

The project I'm involved with and working hard on is Portable.Net which
is part of the DotGNU Foundation Code . This is a VM + Compilers for
IL ... We now have a C# compiler which is very usable, though is rough
on some edges :-)

Since you specified Java experience , I would like you to start on
stuff like Pnetlib which is the standard C# library of Portable.Net.
There are a lot of things to be done and a grep through the source
code should point out a lot of things for you to start on ...

I would suggest that you come to the IRC meet-a-thon sometime tomorrow
where generally missing things are discussed and new assignments made out.
If you're in an indian timezone , I might be around for the first few
sessions of the meet-a-thon.

Also mail me anytime for any questions ... I have spent most of last year
reading Portable.net code , I might know what you're looking for and I'm
good with grep :-)...

Gopal