Re: [DotGNU]0.5.0 Deadline Approaches

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]0.5.0 Deadline Approaches
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:41:03 +1000

On Friday 10 January 2003 06:19 pm, you wrote:

> please wait untill i get these Il bugs tested.
> I want this release to have ildasm running!

It doesn't have to be perfect, just stable.  Ildasm already runs very well at
its stated purpose (debugging problems with IL binaries).

Anything that people can get to us in the next 12 hours of so, we'll
investigate, but we have to draw a line under it at some point.  We'll delay
the release only if some major component is still busted.  Right now I'm more
concerned about System.Xml and Qt# fixes making the grade than ildasm.

0.5.0 has been a fairly long release cycle - about one and half months since
0.4.8.  We can do a quicker cycle on 0.5.2 to fix up any minor left-overs.