Re: [DotGNU]JScript implementation

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]JScript implementation
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 14:05:14 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> There's been a bit of interest in JScript implementations lately and so it is
> probably time that I revealed this.  Those of you who frequent #dotgnu will
> have seen me mention my "secret project" a couple of times over the last
> couple of weeks.

Hehe... everyone should have guessed ... with you not commiting anything
for sometime gets marked up as "Skunkworks" by experienced Rhys-watchers.

(as a sidenote: I'm not in skunkworks, I'm just enjoying a few precious
 days of vacation).

> the pnetlib CVS tree yet because I don't want to mess up the 0.5.0 release

I would like this to be included but not make-installed :-)

> evaluator, using treecc to do the heavy lifting on the nodes and operations.
> It should be relatively trivial to add a "GenerateIL" treecc node operation
> once Relfection.Emit has been implemented (volunteers needed to do Emit!).

Post 0.5.0 ... I think Reflection.Emit should be a cinch ... After all we
have our ILASM code to refer and steal code :-) ...

Reflection.Emit will be complete enough to write a compiler with by the
end of this Month .... I give my personal guaruntee ...

> per process.  Multiple instances are a must for server code.  So, I've been
> working hard to make ours re-entrant.

Yay... even after seeing you work for more than a year, you never cease to
amaze me :-) ... not only do you implement stuff, you improve it !

Gopal