Re: [DotGNU]prob running make check on pnetlib...

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]prob running make check on pnetlib...
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:34:02 +0530

If memory serves me right, Jason Lee wrote:
> And the line it looks like it's bombing on are:
>
> 90:           AssertEquals ("IPAddress.Loopback.Address == loopback",
>                       IPAddress.Loopback.Address, loopback);
>
> 276:          AssertEquals("Loopback.Address ==
> 0x0100007f",0x0100007f,ip.Address);

These look like the order bugs in Network order... I wrote these tests, and
hopefully they're right ... But it just might be that the tests may be
wrong ? ... I'm not really sure about that ... :-(

> or is there something else i can check?

Yes, fire up your webserver and

$ cscc -lSystem net.cs
$ ilrun a.out.exe

If it throws an exception about IPAddress then the code is wrong, otherwise
my test might be wrong ... (in hindsight, I should have used conversion
like HostToNetworkOrder or something ...) ... So if this code works, please
log a bug for this ... I'll fix it soonish ...

Gopal