Re: [DotGNU]prob running make check on pnetlib...

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]prob running make check on pnetlib...
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 16:17:52 +1000

On Tuesday 31 December 2002 02:37 pm, Jason Lee wrote:

> i got a new mac and i've been setting up various things on it the past
> week. i finally got to my code i was working on for the Net namespace.
> I d/l'd treecc, pnet from cvs. built fine. i then copied my pnetlib dir
> that i'd been working on from my linux box. did a autogen, configure,
> make, and then make check. there were 2 fails on the tests:

As a wild guess, it looks like some kind of endianness issue.  The test code
tries to determine the endianness of the machine and then tailors the test
accordingly.  There may be a bug with the endian determination.

It shouldn't matter where you build the pnetlib assemblies: they should be
portable to everywhere.  Have a look at the test code, insert some
Console.WriteLine statements, and try to determine whether the code is
guessing the endianness of the machine correctly.