Re: [DotGNU]Patch 875 Updates System.IO.File Exception throwing to be mo

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Patch 875 Updates System.IO.File Exception throwing to be more verbose
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 08:18:43 +0530

If memory serves me right, Aditya P. Bansod wrote:
> > Just use a simple read buffer/write buffer implementation.
> > If you get too
>
> Well, if that's the case then Patch 876 accomplishes that (albeit in a
> relatively simplistic way). However, Gopal had expressed concern with doing
> a byte-by-byte copy.

Make that thing read data as 4000 byte peices .. (not 4096, but a slightly
lesser number)... This will take advantage of the IO extra speed things
rather than "byte by byte" ... (burst mode,DMA blocks...etc...)

And make that a FileMethods.Copy .... I really don't think I want the
ILCopyDir to do a File copy  ... (FileMethods.Copy,ILCopyFile,...)

We'll figure out DirMethods.Copy() later , shall we ? ..

Gopal