Re: [DotGNU]Compiling and running Qt# sample programs with PNet

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Compiling and running Qt# sample programs with PNet
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:50:20 +0530

If memory serves me right, Marcus wrote:
> Trying once more time, since the other attempts didn't get through some crazy
> lunatic virus scanner.

All .exes mailed to the list are kept on hold for virus scanning ....

> Compiling scribblewindow.cs, I get several errors:

Dec 10 20:48:20 <t3rmin4t0r>    any new bugs for me ?
Dec 10 20:48:31 <manyoso>       yes.
Dec 10 20:48:47 <manyoso>       cscc will not compile scribblewindow right now
Dec 10 20:49:02 <manyoso>       worked a little while ago .. say a week or so
Dec 10 20:49:17 <t3rmin4t0r>    ok... and the error is ?
Dec 10 20:49:34 <manyoso>       just a sec ... let me get it

Dec 10 21:35:05 <t3rmin4t0r>    manyoso: scribblewindow compiled for me
Dec 10 21:35:19 <manyoso>       oh really? with latest cscc?
Dec 10 21:35:32 <manyoso>       i built cscc yesterday and it didn't work for me

2002-12-10  Gopal.V  <address@hidden>
        * cscc/csharp/cs_misc.tc: Use ILNode_SemAnalysisType for
        typeof arguments.

> Although mandelbrot.cs compiles fine, it does not run. Instead, I get an
> exception:

I don't know how that happened .... But as of now I have Qt# built with
CSCC ... I tried to see if it was a runtime bug by trying a Qt# build with
MCS build but gave up after half an hour .. (is something wrong with my box,
or is that normal ?).

Anyway , the fixed up cscc does it fine as long as you don't use
[MarshalAs(UmanagedType.LPArray)] ... @see{QByteArray}

IMHO, The only earthly reason why Mandlebrot does not work for me is the
fact that ...

        double d=Convert.ToDouble("1E+001");
        AssertEquals("1E+001 == 10",10.00,d);

Fails ... [I need someone to work on the TestCases on System.Convert,
as well as fix/report the bugs he discovers.]

So to summarise ... Having excluded the Convert in the mandelbrot code ..
and using a cscc built Qt.dll , see
http://symonds.net/~gopalv82/code/mandelbrot.jpg

Gopal