Re: [DotGNU]Webservice Execution Engine

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Webservice Execution Engine
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 21:15:15 +0530

> efficiently?  And in that ilrun is essentially just a wrapper for
> libILEngine and related things anyway, it would seem quite plausable to
> have the core pnet vm engine able to create a new instance of a vm without
> any need to fork, just by having native method binding back to it's own
> library...

Which we will eventually do when the libILEngine can be made into a shared
object ... Until then it's still command line execution for now ...

Execvp is safer for some VMs because , a segfault in the VM won't mess up
the service container ... Maintaining an IL engine daemon running in the
background is my idea ... the same way Tomcat works ...

And glad to have you back Dyfet,
Gopal