Re: [DotGNU]dotgnu.xml parser and licensing

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]dotgnu.xml parser and licensing
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 01:29:30 -0800 (PST)

--- Gopal V <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi All,
>       Daniel Veillard has expressed desire that I switch the license
> of dotgnu.xml (libxml2 wrapper) to LGPL .. He is interested in a C#
> wrapper, but prefers an LGPL version as this is a general purpose
> library .
>
>       So dotgnu.xml module in Dotgnu libs cvs may see a license
> switch soon ... (DotGNU-Libs is an LGPL project anyway).

That is interesting. I am currently testing the rdf lib redland that
sits on top of the libml. I would be interested in helping create some
C# bindings for that, it uses swig.

Is there a faq for how to handle these pinvoke? I know we chatted about
it. If you can tell me please concisely how to go about making a C#/C
interface, it would save alot of time scrounging around the ml.
I dont mean to sound lazy, I guess I am a bit lazy, but it would be
really helpfull to have a FAQ.

Anyway, If you help define a standard, then we can automate this in a
tool like swig. That will help create more users and applicatiions.

thanks,
mike

=====
James Michael DuPont