Re: [DotGNU]Introduction

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Introduction
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 10:09:01 +0530

Hi,

> My programming background is mostly with C and Assembly (hehehe...I can
> already hear the groans from folks who dabbled with Assembly.)  Yes,
> I'll admit my own insanity by stating upfront that I personally like
> Assembly and am quite comfortable with it.
        well, we really lack people comfortable with assembly. But are you
familiar with the newer x86 assembly (Pentium II,III,IV ?) or just good
old 16bit 486 stuff ?
> eager to learn as I go.  Friends tell me I have an uncanny talent for
> finding undocumented "features" in any system.  More bluntly, I can
> crash most anything without even trying.  "Yes, it appears robust and
> stable, but is it Dave-proof?"
        I have heard of fool-proof, anything similar?
        (sorry couldn't resist the joke)

        But seriously, we need good testers. We can't waste precious programming
skills on basic testing and the developers almost always fail to see the
weak points of their programs.
> Anyhow, back to why I'm here.  As my wife put it, this dotGnu concept
> has got to be the coolest idea on the web.  The very idea of developers
> gathering together to improve the internet, while keeping it free and
> open, is something every programmer should want to be a part of.  I
> don't what I can do to help yet, but I'm certainly willing to learn and
> contribute in whatever way I can.
        If you're ready to learn , that's a *big* step forward. Most career
programmers believe in "concentrating on your core competency", thanks
to many magazines and refuse to learn new stuff. But FreeSoftware needs
the exact opposite :-

"do what you have never done before, and you may learn something new"

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success