Re: [DotGNU]Introduction

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Introduction
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 10:28:05 +1000

Dave Manning wrote:

> My programming background is mostly with C and Assembly (hehehe...I can
> already hear the groans from folks who dabbled with Assembly.)

No groans from me.  Assembly programming talents are very
useful to Portable.NET, since it has an assembler, disassembler,
runtime engine, C# compiler, etc, that all use IL assembly code.

> Friends tell me I have an uncanny talent for
> finding undocumented "features" in any system.  More bluntly, I can
> crash most anything without even trying.  "Yes, it appears robust and
> stable, but is it Dave-proof?"

Another useful skill for Portable.NET: we need testers who
can bang on the engine and try to crash it, circumvent its
security, etc.

So, there's a couple of ideas for how you can help if you wish.
There's plenty of other projects too: SEE, auth, etc.

Welcome to DotGNU.

http://www.southern-storm.com.au/portable_net.html