Re: [DotGNU]Several notes - We need a Motto...

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Several notes - We need a Motto...
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 13:37:38 -0500

In particular, the comment here about nets, and the suggestion of
"...Didn't someone mention something like "DotGNU: Keeping you from getting
trapped in the web!"???.."

Made me think of this slightly modified form:

DotGNU: Keeping you from getting tangled in a net!

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

Bill Lance wrote:

--- "Gopal.V" <address@hidden> wrote:

     "dotGNU : which net do you want to fall today ?"

It still amazes me that the high priced wordsmiths at
MS are unconcerned that the word 'net' also means a
thing that ensnares and entraps someone.  If we are
creating antidotes to MS PR, we might work on images
of entanglment and such.

Thank the cybergods you didn't call it "netGNU".

Heheh - or GNUnet :)

(/me ponders the idea of putting up a Free Softare ISP called GNUnet)...

Although, yes - the .net thing can be used detrimentally against MS.

Didn't someone mention something like "DotGNU: Keeping you from getting
trapped in the web!"???

I think I like that one - it doesn't lend trademark significance to MS
while still giving the point.

On a side-note, perhaps we should open up a DotGNU marketting department
and make slogans up for money - the submissions have been very good.

        -Barry