Re: [DotGNU]Several notes - We need a Motto...

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Several notes - We need a Motto...
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 11:22:59 -0500

Bill Lance wrote:

> --- "Gopal.V" <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> >       "dotGNU : which net do you want to fall today ?"
> >

> It still amazes me that the high priced wordsmiths at
> MS are unconcerned that the word 'net' also means a
> thing that ensnares and entraps someone.  If we are
> creating antidotes to MS PR, we might work on images
> of entanglment and such.
>
> Thank the cybergods you didn't call it "netGNU".

Heheh - or GNUnet :)

(/me ponders the idea of putting up a Free Softare ISP called GNUnet)...

Although, yes - the .net thing can be used detrimentally against MS.

Didn't someone mention something like "DotGNU: Keeping you from getting
trapped in the web!"???

I think I like that one - it doesn't lend trademark significance to MS
while still giving the point.

On a side-note, perhaps we should open up a DotGNU marketting department
and make slogans up for money - the submissions have been very good.

        -Barry