[DotGNU]Re: [CoreTeam]Re: Draft list of 20 DotGNU development projects

From: David Sugar
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: [CoreTeam]Re: Draft list of 20 DotGNU development projects
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:35:24 -0500

phpGW is already an excellant platform for "groupware services". I have tinkered with it a bit at home. I guess it would make sense for groupware to be a seperate working group onto itself. I have a lot of things specifically I wish to do with it (or at least the core api) myself, although they relate to GNUCOMM development.

David

Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r) wrote:

Norbert Bollow wrote:

I'd like to propose the following list of 20 development projects
that would together form "DotGNU"... the idea is to have a
not too long list of development projects for now; more can be
added after "DotGNU 1.0" has been released.

Sounds like a good plan to help give people and press something to wrap
their heads around

This proposal is valid only if the phpGroupWare and Savannah
folks will be in agreement with making their projects part of
DotGNU (I've listed them as items 15 and 16 on this list for
now, if they're not in agreement this will of course have to
be changed).  Otherwise we will probably need to look elsewhere
for GroupWare style webservices that we can use to showcase
DotGNU, and the plans for a "PHP plugin for SEE" (item 4) are
likely to get dropped, too.

phpGW will be happy to be part of DotGNU.

Seek3r