Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET Project List

From: David Mazur
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET Project List
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 21:05:41 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I am totally new to the DotGNU project, and have been lurking around on
the mailing lists for the last few days, seeking for an opportunity where
I could help out.
I have no knowledge of IL or virtual machines, yet, so doing anything that
is directly concerned with these topics is not a good idea (yet) ;-)
But today's post from Rhys motivated me to try to join the project, as
there are apparently things to do that do not require so much knowledge,
and offer a good entry point into DotGNU.

So (to cut things short), I'd like to join the project by taking care of
the .po support for resgen. I honestly don't have any experience with this
format, but I think this is a good opportunity to learn it, and moreover
to learn more about the internals of DotGNU and maybe take care of
something more advanced later.
So, if everybody agrees, I'd like to start working on this part of the
project.

Maybe a few questions, before I start anything.

I have no experience yet in working with open source projects, so how
do I do submit changes, improvements, etc... ? Just with the CVS provided
by sourceforge ? Basically, how the whole development process takes place
?

Any info's I should absolutely know before starting any work ? (I've read
most on the info from the website (not much yet ;-))

I think I have the required skills to tackle the problem (C programming,
line-based parsing, etc...) so that should be no problem.

cu,
david
-----
  /\_/\  David Mazur