[DotGNU]RE: Lessig (was Re: As if the DMCA wasn't bad enough)

From: Crist, Ma
Subject: [DotGNU]RE: Lessig (was Re: As if the DMCA wasn't bad enough)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:15:26 -0700

From: Ben Laurie [mailto:address@hidden

Apache may have central governance, if viewed through the right
distorting lens, but is critically different from XNS in that

-I imagine there are as many different forms of central governance as there are
software licenses ;-).  That still doesn't address the original question of
what's bad about central governance?

the Apache board can be separated from the code at the stroke of an rsyncthe
licence in no way prevents this.

-That's cool if you guys think that's a good thing.  I'd be concerned about
forking in that type of environment, but I guess since it hasn't happened, it's
a non issue.

Onename cannot be separated from XNS so easily.

-Huh?  Not sure what that has to do with the governance question.  Onename has
one person of a four person board.

Cheers,

Mike Crist

Cheers,

Ben (Apache Software Foundation Director).

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html