Re: [DotGNU](no subject)

From: Martin Coxall
Subject: Re: [DotGNU](no subject)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:37:16 +0100

> No it is not a testament to what "Americans" believe. I see it as a calling
> for sympathy and support to his ppl. America is not all "evil", there are
> some Americans who believe strongly in freedom and you cannot lump them all
> together for then we are no better than all the others who are biggoted and
> full of hate and terrorizing the world.

Indeed. I don't for the life of me believe that it is representetive of a
majority of Americans, but I cannot be the only one that felt a shiver when I
heard that idiot savant GWB quoting Psalms as an excuse for nuking arabs?

If the man is, in fact, a Christian, then surely the only response is to turn
the other cheek and forgive?

> I just love all the US bashing when this was the *World* trade center that
> was destroyed there are more then just "Americans" that were killed. It is
> easy for one to point finger and place blame, but it takes a real human
> being to open their heart when some of our fellow human beings are
> suffering. I believe myself that God may be punishing the US for all of
> it's secular actions, but of course that is my belief.

The World Trade Centre is no more representetive of the people of the world,
than the WTO, or WIPO, or the IMF or the World Bank, or any of these other
unaccountable, unelected quangos that propogate a system of repression whose
only benefactor is the wallets of US Big Business TM. In fact, for a
terrorist attack, it was a highly symbolic target. We've all seen fight club,
right?

> Yes, and a lot of us here in the US continue to fight the injustices and
> are in a daily struggle to make this the land of the people once again and
> not the United Corporations of America.

Before the US can defeat the other great evils of this world, it must defeat
its own. That is all I ask. Alas, I fear it may be too much to ask from a
people, if news reports are to believe, have already committed 70-plus
assaults agains muslims and sikhs (!), including one incident of a bag of
pig's blood being thrown at a New York mosque.

Martin