Re: [DotGNU]Comments on distributed file system DFS

From: Myrddian
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Comments on distributed file system DFS
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:28:45 +1000

Some point I came to think about.

1)

    All machines keep a record on how the files are stored
and if a machine is asked to mount, it will translate to all
the other machines as well. If for some odd reason upon
negotiation if a machine is not able to respond the
system will refuse to mount the FS.

2)

    Wel Striped is just an example another way it can
be done is to fill the first machine up, then move the next
one... In whcih case shouldd a machine go down the remaining
can  hsot the rest of the FS....

3) Rule Sets on the Individual File System to be mounted can
   organisaed which describe wether the FS is Dynamic Growth
   Static Allocation, permission, ACL's  it's striping across
   machines r not.

NOTE: I am not going to be working on this for a while, althought i would
appriciate comments, as I will pay attention to them. Any how
sometiems Nextmonth (god help) I will hopefully should post a revised edition.
With all the feedback.