dolibarr-association

[Dolibarr-association] La nouvelle association aura vocation à s'interna

From: Cyrille de Lambert
Subject: [Dolibarr-association] La nouvelle association aura vocation à s'internationaliser
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:07:17 +0100

Vu sur le forum. Très intéressant

#################

Support for international/english users 27-01-2009 à 13:12 Karma: 0
Hello,

First of all let me make it clear that I like the quality of dolibarr ERP more than any other LAMP ERP.

However for an international user (in order to invest on a software), you also need support and documentation.

- During last 2-3 weeks I was performing a survey on a few available software (mostly focused on dolibarr because of its quality and great feature set). I require a software for myslef and a few of my customers.

During the installation, configuration and exploring the features I had serious problem because of the lack of documentation. The wiki is almost empty and for a few of the features I did not even had luck with french section (using google translate of course).

- For the above reason I needed to turn to the community. Unfortunately community proved to be non-responsive to international (i.e. non-french questions). I see the french questions are replied well but you can hardly get any reply to your questions if you have posted in English.

I guess this is because most of the users either do not know enough English or they are not comfortable with it.

- Last time I asked a question (about creating contracts) I received a reply from one of the admins which was not useful (because it was re-iterating an obvious thing, which I already knew, without even going into my problem). I provided snapshots of my problem to open the problem once again. I was not even able to figure whether the feature (contracts for the suppliers) is available or there is a problem with my case.

Anyway my case here is that if the target market for this product is considered to be French speaking countries then it's fine. Otherwise I guess it will not go anywhere without documentation and support for international users. No serious user will rely on a business software in this way.

Thanks again for the great software, your time and kind attention.

Mac, Asia

Nous aurons d'ailleurs surement besoin de faire plusieurs forums. Un par langue.

Cordialement

Cyrille
--
AUGURIA