Gnuradio - TUNTAP PDU

From: Ewfew Fwefwef
Subject: Gnuradio - TUNTAP PDU
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 08:56:33 +0000 (UTC)

Hi to everyone,

I have created a small test sequence diagram to evaluate a TUNTAP interface. As you can see from the attached picture, the setup consists of several components.

The configuration of my tun0 includes the IP address 192.168.178.2/24. When running the flowchart, I observe that the status of the tun0 interface changes to "UP".

Interestingly, a ping test from a separate terminal to the address 192.168.178.2 shows that the ping reaches tun0. However, I do not register any received messages in the output of "ifconfig tun0".

Another phenomenon occurs when I ping an unassigned address, such as 192.168.178.3: debug messages appear on the terminal with the flowchart, and it appears that the tun0 interface is transmitting data, indicating that it is trying to reach the unknown address.

My key question is: why does the tun0 interface not seem to receive messages when I ping it directly, and how can I configure it to do so?

I thank you in advance for your support and look forward to your feedback.

Best regards

Louis