Difference in Outputs using Hierarchical Block

From: tom sutherland
Subject: Difference in Outputs using Hierarchical Block
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2023 16:57:08 +0000 (UTC)

I have a simple GRC flowgraph that generates and displays a chirp signal.I
created a hierarchical block that generates the chirp signal but when
substitute it in for the blocks I used to generate the Hier block, it gives a
slightly different output. I generate a ramp signal and feed that into a VCO.
Instead of a nice ramp function the ramp now has a 1000us flat spot at the
beginning of the ramp. The ramp is supposed to be 6500us, but when using the
Hier Block the first 1000us jump up to 0.18 and stays there until the ramp
starts. Is there some kind of delay or penalty for using a Hier
Block?Thanks...Tom

PNG image