Re: Hello World for WBFM Wav-file source?

From: Gary Schafer
Subject: Re: Hello World for WBFM Wav-file source?
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 16:46:55 -0500

To start, I will give you a major "Well done!" for providing all of the
information necessary to figure out your problem!

Now, let's go through the problems: First problem is that your flowgraph sample rate is
incorrect. The file says "1024", but you've set your sample rate to 2 MSam/s.

Second problem: There are two signals in your WAV file, but neither is
centered. You need to first center the signal you want to demodulate, filter
it, then demodulate it. I've given you a link for a .GRC file that should
successfully demodulate the lower frequency signal.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/cqjh0pi6vlaa1302r6uky/heerekopFlowgraph.grc?rlkey=fysnm7di49fkf05ygoprhksgs&dl=0

I'll work on how to make your flowgraph with the WBFM block work. Will update
later.

Gary

Robert Heerekop said:
As a rookie roller coasting in steep learning curve...
I recorded several WAV-formats radio FM spectrum with SDRsharp and RTL but
fail to WBFM play them in GNR.
I try to learn and already did read wikis and watched helpful videos, but
failed...
Can anyone guide this rookie and get me on track again with a WBFM Wav-file
hello world?
My failing attempts summarized: