Re: Code::Blocks and FIR pm_remez algorithm

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: Code::Blocks and FIR pm_remez algorithm
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 00:11:21 -0400

On 30/09/2023 22:42, N B wrote:
Helo,

I was looking at the FIR algorithm in pm_remez.cc and saw it is based on the old Janovetz implementation of Parks-McClellan. The author of one of my DSP books, Andreas Antoniou, makes the statement that he improved on the original Parsk-McClellan algorithm. I found another paper online where the author makes a similar statement.

I have no idea how accurate those statements are, but I am going to experiment with those algorithms. I'll make those initial experiments outside GNU Radio and if something good ever comes out of it, I would like to modify pm_remez.cc with the new algos, even if only for my personal use.

I'm getting to my issues, which I guess are really basic, but I'm new to Code::Blocks.

I created the .cbp file and opened the project in Code::Blocks. I was trying to trace the entire path from gr_filter_design to pm_remez.cc and wasn't getting anywhere.

When I look under the folder gr-filter, I see only two subfolders, lib and python. Eventually I looked in Github and there I could see several more subfolders under gr-filter, which I don't have in CB. (I couldn't be more grateful for the ability to search definitions and references in Github. I was able to trace the entire path in a few minutes)

My questions in order of importance are:

Why don't those folders display in CB?
Is it possible to Run the entire project in CB? It builds fine, but it just doesn't run.

Thanks,
Nic
Your question is a bit like asking George Lucas why the BluRay copy of Episode IV won't play in your machine....

This isn't the Code::Blocks support mailing list, so my guess is that your question would be better asked in a more appropriate
  group.  There are literally *dozens* of editing/IDE environments that people use to work on Gnu Radio code.