Re: FM Carrier Recovery for AOA Calculation

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: FM Carrier Recovery for AOA Calculation
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 17:25:50 +0200

Not familiar with the details of NOAA signalling, but isn't the carrier of an FM signal *the FM signal*?

For a DoA estimate, you'd correlate the different receive chains with each other to get a phase; so, as long as the signals do have some bandwidth that makes the problem less ambiguous, it'd work with any signal. I'm sadly not familiar with gr-music (and can't find it on cgran.org), but MUSIC works as long as the signals at the different receive antennas are correlated and noise is not. You do not have to preprocess your FM signal!

Best,
Marcus