Re: USRP X300 Synchronization

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: USRP X300 Synchronization
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 18:54:40 +0200

No, that's the opposite of what I said. (also, why would you need a GPSDO when these USRPs are colocated?)

You *always* have time offset at a receiver – due to the finiteness of the speed of light.

So, *any* working receiver you have has to have timing recovery, there's no way around it. So, getting better hardware-level synchronization *does not help you at all*. Not if you do it badly, not if you do it really really well.

Best,

Marcus