Re: Detected an invalid packet at item

From: Hamed Al-Zubi
Subject: Re: Detected an invalid packet at item
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 12:31:14 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Marcus,

I am using GPSDO as a reference clock.
I also increased the UHD gain of both TX and RX. The number of invalid packets was reduced, but still there is some invalid packets.

Thanks,
HZ
On Saturday, May 13, 2023 at 04:36:10 AM CDT, Marcus Müller <marcus.mueller@ettus.com> wrote:

Hi Hamed,

consider noise.
Any real-world communication is subject to it.

Another thing would be sample clock offset, which you could reduce if you clock both X300 from the same reference clock, or the Clock ref out on the back of the first X300 and connect it to the Clock ref in of the second, and set the clock source to "external".

Also, good idea to isolate multipath effects, but don't forget that if your system can't deal with the multipath environment you're in, you've incorrectly designed your OFDM system.

Best,
Marcus