Re: Channel State Information of OFDM in gnuradio

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Channel State Information of OFDM in gnuradio
Date: Wed, 3 May 2023 18:24:18 +0200

Hi Hamed,

so, estimating anything from noise will be noisy if the estimation has something to do with the estimated entity. (Compare, especially, the Cramér-Rao Lower Bound: you can't bias-free estimate with zero error in a noisy reception.) So, is it right if I assume that you measured or calculated the SNR at your receiver (don't know from the top of my head what SNR a noise stddev of 0.1 translates to, and the estimator variance is unreasonably high in that scenario?

Best regards,
Marcus