demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Timestamps

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Timestamps
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 12:04:31 +0100

Hello Diogene,

Diogene Laerce <address@hidden> writes:

> As an added bonus, on the XML-RPC proxy, you have two RPCs available:
>  * get_timestamp(), the same as the get_timestamp() ONC-RPC;
>
>  * get_timestamp_decoded(), returns the timestamp as arrays of
> integers (instead of the compressed version of the get_timestamp()
> RPC)."
>
> So I guessed that it exists a get_timestamp() function available for each
> question. But the demo-server answers that such funcion is  not supported.
> See the joined file for debbug.
>
> Have I guessed wrong ?

Yes and no.

I was wrong in my description, the correct functions to call are
"get_timestamps(cookie)" and "get_timestamps_decoded(cookie)", with an S
at the end of the "timestamp" word.

However, you cannot get a timestamp for on a single question through
get_timestamps[_decoded](). With those calls, you'll get *all* the
timestamps for participants, questions and tags, in that order (see code
chunks 17a and 19f in demexp book).

If you want the timestamp of a single question (or a small set of
questions), use "question_info()". The timestamp of a question is
available in the field question_info[n].q_timestamp (see code chunk 17d
page 17 in demexp book[1]).

Yours,
d.

Footnotes:
[1]
http://www.linux-france.org/~dmentre/demexp/latest-src/demexp-book-0.8.2.pdf

--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A