demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Ubuntu Hoary Packages

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Ubuntu Hoary Packages
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:26:40 +0200

Hello John,

2005/9/8, skaller <address@hidden>:
> BTW: in case it isn't clear, I'd be more than happy to
> build amd64 binaries for this project. If I can actually
> build the dang dependencies, I'll build from the repository
> next (and hope the amd64 code generation bug doesn't strike:
> I have ocaml-3.08.4 which fixes the problem, but not the
> Debian package ..:)

Maybe you can start by building only the client. It relies only on
labgtk2 and, unfortunately, ocamlgz, but not cduce, etc. Use
--no-server at configure step.

And before trying to automate the building as Thomas has done, maybe
you can simply build it in your Godi AMD-64 environment.

Regarding ocamlgz, the simplest way is probably to look at the code
(or even the ./configure) to find what is going wrong and to fix it.
As building compiler producing C++ code, I suppose you know enough
about data structures and C to sort out the issue.

Yours,
d.