demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Ubuntu Hoary Packages

From: skaller
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Ubuntu Hoary Packages
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 21:19:43 +1000

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 20:53 +1000, skaller wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 09:45 +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
>
> > As I've already said numerous times on this list, have you tried
> > apt-build, which « just does it all from source automatically » ?
>
> I have in fact engaged in considerable discourse on this
> subject on the debian-mentors list .. the fact is there
> is no tool which can do this properly.

BTW: in case it isn't clear, I'd be more than happy to
build amd64 binaries for this project. If I can actually
build the dang dependencies, I'll build from the repository
next (and hope the amd64 code generation bug doesn't strike:
I have ocaml-3.08.4 which fixes the problem, but not the
Debian package ..:)

--
John Skaller <skaller at users dot sourceforge dot net>