demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] Some questions about the code.

From: Serge Leblanc
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Some questions about the code.
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 21:06:59 +0200

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 20:08 +0200, David MENTRE wrote:
Serge Leblanc <address@hidden> writes:

> I thought that this function has a significant role in the guarantee of
> the persistency of information during a server crash. In this case the
> use of binary was suitable.

Well, the marshalling done by ocaml is quite slow. We'd better find
another way do guarantee server data persistence in the future.

In your code, slowness comes more from the opening/closing file rather than the serialisation of Ocaml data structures. A solution is the opening of the binary file only during the initialization and appending the changing states of datas.
--
pub  1024D/73791C2B 2002-09-30 Serge Leblanc <address@hidden>
 Primary key fingerprint: 8E0C 0D6D E026 A278 9278  BF4F 1A93 D552 7379 1C2B