debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] cvsweb and CVE-2000-0670

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] cvsweb and CVE-2000-0670
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 13:40:08 +0200

Justin Richer wrote:
I've run into this problem at my organization as well (MITRE), and here's
what I've found out:

The cvsweb script in Debian-SF is based on version 1.112 (which is several
revisions above 1.85, as you can see). The problem lies in how Nessus
determines the version of cvsweb: It uses an HTML comment in the generated
output of the cvsweb pages that contains an expanded $Revision$ CVS tag.
This is a very broken way of reporting the version, because the instant it
is checked into another CVS repository (as happened with Debian-SF) the
apparent version changes, and in our case effectively re-sets to 1.2. A
little research dug up that not only is version 1.2 very old, it was also
(as far as I can gather) in German, making it rather unfit for our purposes
here :). I'm not even sure if it was publicly released, actually. But that's
all a moot point. To answer, yes, the version is secure.

On another note, I've recently done some work to integrate Chora into our
version of SF here, but:
  1) It's based on 2.5
  2) It relies on a bunch of changes to the theme architecture
  3) It also makes use of our security system

Thanks for the note
I'll gladly submit things back, but since we're supporting a 2.5-based site,
I gathered there wasn't much interest in our code.

Would be interested to know how you integrated chora in your code
Do you use debian package?
Did you do some work to support some kind of interface to horde lib in debian-sf?
Did you made some test with phpgroupware-chora ?
Do you have some plan to migrate to gforge?

Cheers

Christian
 -- Justin