debian-sf-users

[Debian-sf-users] Newbie problems with mailing list

From: Adrian Hummel
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 23:00:36 +0200

Hi,

I've recently installed the current stable build 2.5-29. Most of the features
work fine, but there are some problems and questions:

1) I successfully created a new maillist and tried to join it. Sending a mail
to the <list>address@hidden<server> address results in a 550 error:

SMTP module(domain lists.<server>) reports:
 host lists.<server> says:
 550 Unknown local part <list>-request in ...

There is already a thread about the same problem:
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/debian-sf-users/2001-12/msg00040.html

2) What is the suggested way to maintain project files (eg. project home page)?
As far as I can see a user has to have access to the
/var/lib/sourceforge/chroot/home/groups/<project> directory to admin the
project home page. Login the server using SSH fails because the user has a
restricted shell (/bin/cvssh). Do I have to change the shell through the admin
web interface (eg. to /bin/bash) or is there another (proposed) way?

Tnx in advance for your feedback!

Cheers,
Adi

PS: You did a great job, guys!