debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] newbie questions

From: Christian Bayle
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] newbie questions
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 19:28:18 +0200

David Hirst wrote:

>Being new to Debian and SF I had a couple newbie question that I was
>hoping could be answered. First off in order to user SF, I have to be
>able to support extremely large amounts of disk space for the projects
>that will be managed by SF (potentially upwards of a few terabytes) what
>
>options are there for supporting an installation of this size? I have
>infrastructure available that can already support these space
>requirements.

humm
We are working on 2.6 multiserver install, but it's probably not functionnal
I think it should not be too difficult e.g. to distribute CVS.

But this depends on how data are distributed, for CVS, for ftp, user data?
How many users, how many projects?

>Secondly, the installation will be inside a firewall  so I was wondering
>
>if the chroot environment is needed for SF to function properly?

chroot is only used for anonymous cvs as far as I remember and can
probably be removed

Cheers

Christian