debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] RE: sourceforge install...failed / SSL / OpenLDAP

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] RE: sourceforge install...failed / SSL / OpenLDAP
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:37:48 +0100

Soon-Son Kwon wrote:

> Oh...that sounds good.
>
> Today I found that when running install-ldap.sh, error occurs
> on this part.
>
> echo "Changing SF_robot passwd using admin account"
> ldapmodify -v -c -D "$sys_ldap_admin_dn" -x -w"$secret" > /dev/null 2>&1
>  <<-FIN
> dn: $sys_ldap_bind_dn
> changetype: modify
> replace: userPassword
> userPassword: $cryptedpasswd
> FIN
>
> I ran this part manually with the password I set when installing
> ldap but the following error occured. It seems that the default
> ldap installation does not match to sourceforge....
> but don't know what is wrong. :-(
>
> ldap_bind: Invalid Credential
>
> Christian: you say ldap is broken due to change....does it
> affect to 2.5-25 also?

Unfortunatly, Yes it is
A workaround is to take an old version of slapd like 2.0.14-1

> And I wonder if there is anyone who successfully configured
> sourceforge on non-FQDN system. I am trying to configure on
> my local machine whose IP address is 192.168.123.140.
> Can I set my hostname to something like "sourceforge.myhome.lan"
> which can be resolved in the local machine only by setting bind9?

Yes You can and even I recommend you to do this
But of course the access will only be possible on your local network
(I mean not from the internet, for this you should I think change
dynamically your SF config,
this should be possible)
Just tell to your computer in /etc/resolv.conf that you bind server is
localhost

--
Christian Bayle
E-mail: address@hidden