debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] Re: SF Install

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] Re: SF Install
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 23:56:21 +0100

Martijn Dekkers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> well, started fresh this morning - re-installed debian woody. I stuch with
> woody - i.e. i did not use any "unstable" paths in the apt sources.list
>
> before installing SF 2.6, I Installed:
> * tasksel - selected "conventional unix server" to cover some basics
> * slapd, patched slapd.postinstall
> * ldapexplorer - to verify ldap works, and it did (!!)
> * libapache-mod-ssl
> * generated keys etc.
> * mcrypt
> * php4-mcrypt
> * libnss-ldap
>
> so far, so good. I also installed some other tools that make my life easier,
> like webmin et.al.,
>
> The ran apt-get sourceforge, installed okay.
>
> logged onto site, and tried to log-in as admin.
> My browser(s) popped up a dialogbox:" connection to host sf.int.net is broken"
> The console on the server tells me: "pq_recvbuff: unexpected EOF on client
> connection"

A restart solved the problem for me, strange it didn't work for you

 > And that is it. I tried to do a search on google for any errors etc,
but came
> up dry. This is the Sourceforge 2.6-0+3_i386.deb package. So, my questions:
>
> * Is this a known bug?
> * Is this due to me using SF 2.6?
> * Will SF 2.5 solve this?
> * How can I install the 2.5 package?
> * What is the meaning of life?

Maybe you can dig with

querybts postgresql

> Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW - I would like to know where I can
> find some more info/HOW-TO's/Documentation. If none is available, I volunteer
> to write a detailed HOW-TO (provided I work out how-to....)

Oh yes, we would apreciate a Howto or a FAQ
You can find material in the mail archive.

> Also, I don't mind to play with/debug 2.6, but i really need something working
> to demo internally.

You can play, and tell if you find bugs, it's welcome
stats are not (yet) working in 2.5 and 2.6

Christian

--
Christian Bayle
E-mail: address@hidden, address@hidden